I’m Chris Watson, and I’d like to welcome you to my site PaddlingVentures.com
This is my personal site where I’ll get to indulge my love of Kayaking and the outdoors and share the stories and trip details.
I live in Glasgow, Scotland, and I’m fortunate to have access to incredible waters almost on my doorstep.
From Loch Lomond and the Trossachs national park to the plethora of options along the West Coast of Scotland, which boasts some of the best Sea Kayaking routes in the world.
I’ll explore and document it here.
I’ll hopefully give you a little nudge to get outside and have your own #MicroAdventure on the water and benefit from some real outdoor #AdventureTherapy.
So, let’s Paddle Longer, Hike Further, and Eat Some Good Food on the way.
What’s The Site About?
My goal for this site is to document my paddling micro-adventures and encourage you to do the same, get outside more often, step away from the screen, and enjoy the outdoors.
Go find some #MicroAdventures & #AdventureTherapy.
Dare I even broach the subject of Mental Health? There is less stigma towards mental health nowadays (which is a great thing!), and by just being outdoors more, and for me, that’s specifically on the water, it really is great for the mind and the soul.
I believe that by getting outdoors more often, crafting some fun and exciting days (or even hours) will have a noticeable improvement on your health and well-being plus, you’ll have some fun thrown into the mix!
So, by documenting and sharing stories of my trips, musings, and guides (of sorts), I hope to go some ways to help inspire you to do the same, to find your Micro Adventures.
It doesn’t need to be overly complicated either, and many an adventure can be found close to home without the endless faff, planning, expense, and equipment needs.
Even with a family and wildly demanding day job – you can still find the time, and I will show you how i do just that
Let’s detach from the humdrum of the always-on lifestyle, the daily grind, and breathe a little more adventure into life.
I have learned so much from others that are doing the same, and I want to continue to pay it forward too – encourage you to do the same – as they have done for me – and have some fun along the way.
Please do take some action and go do the same, go put your own spin on things, and go have your own #MicroAdventures, document, and share the stories with friends, family, and the wider web.
A Word About My Content
- The content on this site is made up of a mix of photos, videos, written information articles & Trip Guides.
- Almost every photo and certainly all video content is unique to PaddlingVentures.com. I only use stock photos when I haven’t had time to go shoot something unique to the point of reference in our content, which will be cited accordingly. I’ll usually circle back and edit posts when we have got around to shooting unique photos – so do check back.
- As for Trip Guides or Product information – these are all unique and written and edited by me directly. Like many of the photos and videos, they are my personal experiences.
- For information articles, however, I may use a freelance writer from time to time. However, I still research all content and outlines created and edit them before publishing them to ensure they meet my quality standards.
- I am always open to feedback and would love to hear what you think
- Sharing is Caring. If you happen to share any of my stuff, do the honorable thing, link back, and cite me and my site as the reference. Pay it forward.
This blog is my way sort of accountability tracker too. Too long have I mused and pondered endlessly overdoing specific outdoor trips, and I’m going to start ticking those items off and documenting along the way.
Sometimes you just need an adventure to cleanse the bitter taste of life from your soul
Getting In Touch
If you would like to write to me (i.e., the old-fashioned way), then my office address is as follows:
Watson Publishing Ltd
Suite 411 Baltic Chambers
50 Wellington Street
Paddler & Rambler at PaddlingVentures.com